KENNEBEC VALLEY GARDEN CLUB HARVEST FESTIVAL & PLANT SALE at Viles Arboretum Visitors Center, 153 Hospital Street, Augusta. October 8, 2016
- Mark your calendars for October 8th from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM and look for the big white tent! This is a rain or shine event.
- A relaxed and fun day that includes a wonderful selection of member donated perennial plants and seeds are available for sale. All plants and seeds are hardy field grown Maine plants, offering an exceptional opportunity to add that long sought after species/variety to your home garden display for bloom throughout the growing season. Asiatic lilies, red and coral charm peonies, endless summer hydrangea (blue bloom) and poppy seeds are just a few of the selections that will be for sale.
- There will also be a white elephant table with gardening theme items such as tools and pots, as well as note cards.
- Pumpkin painting will be available for children and adults (young-at-heart) at no charge.
- Seasonal flower demonstrations will be held at 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Get those creative juices flowing for ideas on creating your own beautiful fall arrangements.
- At 11:00 AM Karen Foster will be creating a one of a kind floral centerpiece arrangement and also show how to assemble a wonderful fall window box display.
- At 1:00 PM Shelly Hanson will make a beautiful arrangement for your home as well as creating a unique display that will be sure to attract birds. One seasonal floral arrangement from each session will be auctioned off at the end of the demonstration.
All proceeds of the plant sale and auction will go towards making possible the civic centered activities supported throughout the Augusta area by the Kennebec Valley Garden Club.
Everyone is invited to the Closing Reception being held at the Arboretum’s Sculpture Symposium within a five minute walk from the Visitors Center. This open to the public event will begin at 4:00 PM and run until 6:00 PM and will feature 13 nationally known artists with the sculptures they have created during the week, children’s art on display, affordable pieces of stone sculptures by Maine sculptors, music and great food. For more information or questions about either event, call the Viles Arboretum at 626-7989 and don’t forget to check our web and Facebook page for updates.
The Viles Arboretum, centrally located in Augusta on 224 acres of fields, forests, wetlands and botanical collections, offers an ever-changing selection of programs for the general public and for schools. The Arboretum focuses on interactive, creative and hands-on teaching.
You can learn more about the Arboretum and its programs, or how to become more involved by checking the website at www.vilesarboretum.org, or Facebook page, or simply by stopping in or calling us at 626-7989.